DQ&A Europe, based near The Hague, is rapidly growing and therefore searching for an experienced PROJECT MANAGER with strong Scrum affinity, who will enable and drive the delivery of our exciting new SaaS called the Maturity Suite: from setting up processes, systems and tools, all the way to our go-to-market strategy and implementation of our Maturity Suite Products.
Needs to speak and write professionally in English and Dutch to be considered for this role.
Experience in Start-up / Scale-up environments working on SaaS product-to-market projects.
- Coaching the Team of developers, and working with the consultants and management layer and where needed other stakeholders, to effectively deliver optimal output on the agreed projects.
- Managing and Driving the SaaS development processes in order to achieve the agreed business targets.
- Protect the Team from external interference, interruptions and distractions, be an effective gatekeeper, without losing sight of the ultimate client’s needs and business objectives.
- Managing the Team and establishing an environment where the team can be effective, and managing team dynamics
- Foster Proper Communication to all stakeholders.
- Be a (servant) leader for the team, helping others understand which interactions are helpful, which aren’t, helping everyone changing these interactions to maximize the value created by the developers.
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and (*)product owner as well as others outside the team
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of our self-organisation.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on backlog refinement and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Strong and robust personality with gravitas and strong social skills, calm under pressure, high tolerance for ambiguity, able to translate complex business, team and client issues into effective and efficient solutions.
- Fluent in English and Dutch, preferably Spanish and/or Italian too.
- Experience in playing the same or a similar role for at least 5 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory in a similar environment.
- Good skills and knowledge of project management, SCRUM, managing, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for at least five years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Affinity and / or experience in the online marketing industry (pre).