(Mid-Level) Display Consultant
The Mid-Level Display Consultant will be spending our clients digital budgets wisely within the Display environment. Mid-Level Media Managers are required to know where best to invest inventory / online audiences for clients using paid Display platforms and ensuring that client goals & ROI’s are met.
Mid-Level Display Consultants will look to Optimise and run profitable campaigns across various media platforms. They will communicate effectively to be part of internal and external client expectations. As a mid-level, support the team, go above & beyond the role of ""Trader"" in assisting fellow Traders. Support to the Senior Consultant.
So what is a Display Consultant ?
Display Consultants are responsible for maximizing our advertisers digital budgets according to their required goals. In more simple words, Display Consultants will be responsible for defining / creating digital Paid Media strategies, implementing this in demand side platforms (various sophisticated technologies are used) and wisely spending a predetermined budget - all to ensure client digital goals are reached & that they see a full return on digital investment. You will need to understand how to buy inventory via the technologies at what price and what inventory / audiences / programmatic strategies will be successful in a campaign.
Place within the organisation
- Reports to the Lead Consultant
- Interacts with international Consultancy and Account Management teams
- Operates the paid display accounts of several clients
Knowledge and experience
- Must have a passion for digital marketing and wanting to build a career within the digital space
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Paid Display (in particular GDN, DV360 or any other DSP, experience with Facebook Business Manager is a plus) and be working 50% independently on basis of mid-level profile
- Completed Display certifications
- Experience in management of digital accounts with an ROI as well as a Branding/Awareness focus
- Experience in managing digital campaigns with performance driven goals
- Must know how to allocate them effectively across different types of paid media campaigns
- First Experience with Google Analytics and how to interpret data
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues within paid display platforms and present solutions internally
- Ability to analyze campaigns
- Ability to conduct post-campaign analysis and to present that to country teams
- Ability to build basic reporting templates which is suited for client
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work closely with team members & consultants to take direction with campaigns
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a Media Agency and DV360 or FBBM
- Experience within the Google Marketing Platform Suite
- Interest to learn other Channels such as Paid Search
- Passion for online advertising technology
- Autonomous, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated, positive and driven individual
- Cool under pressure
- Being able to take direction & working closely with team members & consultants
- Being able to share knowledge with team
- Employ & manage paid Display Campaign setup and following direction given by country consultant
- Working closely with internal Consultants, Account Managers and Clients to develop and implement Paid Media Buying strategies
- Being able to troubleshoot issues within Paid Display Platforms and presenting solutions
- Analyse campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization
- Regular review of performance of campaigns across revenue, performance and pacing
- Ensure campaign delivery against revenue goals and Key Performance Indicators as established with the internal consultants & senior managers
- Daily reporting and monitoring of campaigns to ensure performance goals and revenue objectives are met
- Proactively seek new opportunities within paid media space
- Being able to motivate oneself & to continue self development
- Working closely with country consultants to identify market trends, new features etc
- Being able to deliver input for re-strategize digital campaign strategy
- Being back-up for other paid media consultants
The Display Consultant is able to set up and execute online campaigns for all international customers, in close accordance with the responsible senior client executive.
Key competencies and work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Display professional and example behaviour at all times
- Competency - Professionals get the job done. They're reliable, and they keep their promises. If circumstances arise that prevent them from delivering on their promises, they manage expectations up front, and they do their best to make the situation right.
- Gets the job done with a can do attitude
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Show respect for the people around them, no matter what their role or situation.
- Project a positive attitude at all times towards team members
- Display strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues; display a strong team spirit.
- Maintain the highest standards of delivery, productivity and effectiveness at all times
- Organized and detail oriented
- Display focus and dedication at all times
- Be approachable and open to constructive criticism
- Good time management skills
- Display a high level of independence.
- This includes but is not limited to taking decisions independently while staying within the company guidelines; Proactive attitude; staying self-motivated; being self-reliant; continuous self-development without always expecting to be taken by the hand.
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Respect, appreciate and contribution towards decision making
- Earn trust
- Help others succeed
- Dare to lead
- Exceed expectations
- Problem solving: thinks in terms of possibilities. Is able to solve issues and problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Customer and service-orientated: is orientated towards the satisfaction of customers and actively seeks for ways of keeping up this satisfaction and if possible of increasing it.
- Decisive: takes prompt action in situations and can reasonably predict the consequences can reasonably be predicted in taking decisions.
- Independence: Carrying out tasks without help from others; trying to take command of problem situations of one's own volition or acting on own conviction.
- Innovative: Identifies and pursues new ideas, solutions, methods and opportunities for increased productivity.
- Creativity: Formulates original and creative solutions and suggestions.
- Cooperation: Making an active contribution to a joint result (organizational target) or to resolving problems or conflicts.
- Personal strength: Personality with own initiative, self-motivating and strong-willed; has the courage to say what he/she thinks and to adopt an independent viewpoint; efficient under pressure, keeps a cool head and continues to function effectively in stressful situations.
- Planning and organizing: Applying structure to time, space and priority in dealing with problems.
- Power of persuasion: presents own point of view in an empathetic and enthusiastic way and does not allow to be defeated by powerful reactions and opposition.