Are you an experienced Python developer who has a special talent for leading projects and people?
We’re looking for a team/project leader to join our small development but mighty team in The Hague.
- You have the ability to foster proper communication to different stakeholders,
- You have the ability to create a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving,
- You have a collaborative approach to work,
- You enjoy taking in new challenges and you’re a problem-solver,
- You strive for accuracy and don’t like to leave things unfinished,
- You are flexible and adapt quickly to change,
- When it comes to code you do not overcomplicate, you love simple solutions,
- You are always on top of new developments.
Project Management (30%)
- Create and maintain the development roadmap (epic-level),
- Monitor development progress and identify (possible) bottlenecks.
- Communicate with business on the project progress.
Product Owner (40%)
- Draft development stories based on product/feature designs coming from the Head of Product,
- Maintain the backlog (both sprint and product).
- Translate business requests and requirements into stories on the backlog.
- First contact for all bug reports.
- Test all delivered code/features/functionality towards set business requirements.
- Support team with development tasks from the backlog.
Team lead (10%)
- Manage a self-steering team via SCRUM principles.
- Protect the Team from external interference, interruptions and distractions, be an effective gatekeeper, without losing sight of the ultimate client’s needs and business objectives.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer science/ Software Engineering (or similar),
- Knowledge of Git, Docker, Kubernetes (K8s), API’s,
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns,
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments (Istio),
- Experience with implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests,
- Good understanding of Database design and optimization (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Previous experience in similar roles (Team lead, Lead Developer, Product Owner, SCRUM)
- GCP Certification Cloud Architect or Cloud Engineer,
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.,
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games,
- Experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Clean code writing
- Abstract thinking, numerical acumen
- Achievement orientation
- You're precise and a finisher